Include your organization, or group:
If your organization is interested in participating, please click here to sign up. We would love to highlight your organization as a sponsor. We are asking for organization sponsors to support the effort by either (1) Helping offset costs of the event, (2) Promoting the event with your lists (3) Getting involved in organizing and attending planning meetings, or (4) Marching for climate, jobs, and justice with your organization.
Know anyone else that would like to support the event? Please pass the invitation along and share our GoFundMe campaign on social media.
The March for Climate, Jobs, and Justice will focus on:
· Demanding urgent action on climate change.
· Creating family-wage clean energy jobs in our region.
· Stop the proposed fracked gas pipeline.
· Supporting family farms.
· Protecting farm and forest workers.
· Standing up for climate justice by reducing impacts on rural and low-income
communities, children, seniors, and communities of color.
· Prioritizing affordable housing with convenient, energy-efficient transportation.
· Preserving clean water, air, and fisheries.
· Safeguarding our public lands.
· Respecting tribal territories and culture.
· Base public policy on the public interest and not the special interests of huge global
· Promoting peace.
Local sponsors for the People’s Climate March include:
Hair on Fire Oregon, Jackson County Democrats, KS Wild, Rogue Climate, Rogue Valley Farm to School, Southern Oregon Climate Action Now, Southern Oregon Citizens Climate Lobby, Southern Oregon Pachamama Alliance Community, Unete, Unite Oregon (join us!)